Friday, July 17, 2009

a love like that

Last weekend we celebrated my Grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. It was so beautiful and precious. I couldn't stop thinking to myself about how I want to have a love like that 50 years from now. My Grandma and Grandpa are such amazing human beings--my role models, really. They are passionate human beings that live life in such a refreshing way. They appreciate the little (but, most often the most beautiful) things in life. They live on this beautiful farm and sell flowers, eggs and veggies. What a life. There are times when my Grandma will sit down to have some tea or coffee with me, and when my Grandpa joins us she'll pour him some good ol' coffee (mint flavor, of course) in a tea cup. Grandpa will just roll his eyes, with a smirk on his face, and enjoy our little gathering. He's a man's man. You'll often find him doing chores outside or working on another project for Grandma. What I love about him is that he's not afraid to have a little bit of fun with Grandma... tea cup and all.



My grandma never fails to tell me to "close my eyes, smell, and make a memory". That quote is forever ingrained in my mind. She strives to make her husband a happy man... even if it means putting mint into every bakery item she creates. She has such an energetic personality, but she is such a calming person at the same time. My Grandpa stood up to make a toast at brunch the day of their anniversary, and he couldn't get his words out when he started talking about Grandma. Tears came to his eyes, and all he could muster out to say is how thankful he is to have her in this crazy life. If only we all could stop moving so fast in this crazy, dog eat dog world and think about how blessed we are. Wow.


Here's to you Grandma and Grandpa... I owe a lot to you. You've taught me how to live simply, be joyful, enjoy life to the fullest, and to live a spiritual life. I love you two with all of my heart, and I will continue to look up to you as years come and go. 50 years down and many more love filled ones to come. Cheers!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home